United Way of Idaho Falls and Bonneville County is committed to being a good steward of the community and to be a catalyst for change that mobilizes a caring community to improve people’s lives.
LIVE UNITED. It's a credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. We build the strength of our neighborhoods. We bolster the health of our communities. And we change the lives of those who walk by us every day.
- To conduct a fund raising campaign for contributions to health and human service programs for selected agencies and provide a surplus for emergencies.
- To assist residents of Eastern Idaho in making distributions to health, welfare and charitable organizations, and community services that make our counties a better place in which to live, work and do business.
- To local nonprofit organizations in finding and utilizing volunteers in our region.
- To promote cooperation among organizations striving for a UNITED appeal.
- To serve as a community-wide forum for identifying the needs for human services.
- To provide an effective voice for ensuring that these services are performed according to the high standards of quality, efficiency, and economy.
- To act as a central instrument through which the whole community can both support and make use of the agencies that perform these services.
United Way of Idaho Falls and Bonneville County is committed to being a good steward of the community resources that are entrusted to our care.
United Way is an inclusive organization that fights for everyone in our community. We work towards equity in schools, jobs and health care to ensure that the basic rights and freedoms of everyone are protected.
Being able to meet basic needs like safe housing, adequate food, and healthcare enables individuals and families to move from day-to-day existence toward the capacity to look to the future. Such a future could hold a steady job, a place to call their own - less time spent on the almost impossible decisions of a warm coat for a child, filling a prescription, something nutritious for supper.
In our communities, 44 percent of households struggle with these types of decisions every day.
Education is the cornerstone of individual and community success.
Click HERE to learn more about our Education Programs.
Whether it is a neighbor without health insurance, a victim of abuse, or someone struggling with mental illness or an addiction, United Ways are working to ensure everyone has access to affordable and quality care.
Click HERE to learn more about our Health Programs.
As many as 44% eastern Idahoans do not earn enough money to meet their basic needs. Wages have not kept pace with the rising cost of housing, healthcare, and education and currently, 40 million Americans are working in low-paying jobs without basic health and retirement benefits. For families walking a financial tightrope, unable to save for college, a home, or retirement, United Way is here to help.
Click HERE to learn more about our Financial Stability Programs.