Community Solution Panel Volunteer Opportunity
Approximate time commitment–20 hours from April through May
Each year grant applications are received from regional nonprofits seeking funding from UWIFBC" S Community Fund. This fund is from area employee donations through our Workplace Giving Campaigns. Community Solution Panel volunteers (CSPV) from our seven-county service region help the United Way Board of Directors direct the funding to nonprofit organizations that align with our impact areas of:
Food insecurity for children and seniors.
Access to mental health and health resources and services. Affordable housing, living wage
Early education, equity-based programs
- Commit to 15-20 hours of time between April and June.
- Reviewing and scoring grant applications
- Understand and apply UWIFBC's mission and goals while making funding decisions.
- Participate in CSPV training - one hour on April 11th.
- Participate and contribute to panel emails, discussions, and meetings.
- Participate in nonprofit agency site visits and interviews.
- Contribute to discussions and final funding recommendations.
Being part of the CSPV is a great opportunity to better understand the work that our 47 nonprofit community partners are making creating lasting changes for children, families and seniors in eastern Idaho.